Thursday, February 24, 2011

snow splash book bash


It was quite the crowd at the recent Snow Splash Book Bash, in which DownEast, Pineland Farms, and Winter Kids joined forces to bring some outdoor fun and book lovers together. I shared a table with the sunny Karel Hayes, and we both enjoyed connecting with kids at the activity tables.

This boy was getting into the pastels I brought, and made a colorful drawing of a big snowplow, thanks to an inspired poster by illustrator Amy McDonald.

I also met Benton, who likes to draw owls. He got busy during one of the readings.
And he gave me this drawing!  Thank you, Benton, it made my day.
The day was cloudless and brilliant and everyone's rosy cheeks were a good sign that Pineland's rolling hills were a huge draw. I even headed out on my ancient x-c skis afterwards. Now, this is the kind of traffic I like.



Next up for Ice Harbor Mittens will be an island mitten tour, in which author Robin Hansen and I will visit both Long Island and Chebeague Island in the same day. Whew! Stay tuned for details on this March 4 event, followed by a knitting workshop on Saturday, March 5 with Robin at Knit Wits in Portland, Maine.

No comments: