Tuesday, June 5, 2012

88 keys


My poster for 2 Pianos 4 Hands is back in circulation. Portland Stage has brought this "comedy with music about a lifetime's obsession with 88 keys" back by popular demand. I did the illustration quite awhile ago, since the play ran originally in January of 2011. I worked on the illustration 2 summers ago, and Marty posed on the ivories.


Since then, he began taking piano lessons. Life imitating art? I've had the pleasure of listening to both my husband and daughter practicing their instruments for the last year. The message in 2 Pianos 4 Hands is complicated. Being a maestro is hard work. But in the end, the joy of music is what sustains us all.

Here's the proud student with his amazing teacher, Jan Thomas, after Marty's first recital.


Sound of many hands clapping here! Bravo, Marty!





No comments: